Tuesday 15 September 2015

Top Tweets Today:15/09/2015

It was definitely a tough day for my trading due to a number of mistakes I made during the course of the trading session. Firstly I got caught napping during the morning session with my system signalling a short which could of banked me a nice 300 points if only I hadn't been distracted, something my good trading buddy Trader Petri wrote about last week.

So I was already annoyed at missing out so I made sure that I was present when the next signal came around. I entered the trade , it began nicely until things started getting volatile. I was steadfast in my belief to follow the rules and not deviate one bit. The market called for the trade to be closed with only a handful of points gained, but I told myself rather close it now or suffer the consequences later.
Two hours later I was fuming after seeing the market run away a massive 500 points from where I had closed out which put a damper on things.  I really couldn't believe my eyes and yes it did indeed hurt but this is the game of trading and you have to accept that these things are going to happen. No system is perfect. I think my lack of concentration at the start of the day put me on the back foot by creating a feeling of unbalance.

But thinking about it now and writing it for this blog is how I've found a way to collect my thoughts to properly understand them without doing damage to my trading confidence. I've learnt to make peace with what's happened today by repeating to myself;

"Today wasn't great but when the time comes to profit, my system will be ready to make what is needed to cover both my losses and myself. Maybe tomorrow or the next day or the day after that."

The reason why I'm sharing this is because I feel most new traders think professionals don't have a bad day. Wrong! They do the only difference is the know how to deal with their emotions properly to help them continue doing their jobs they way its suppose to be done.
Accepting that the market is solely in charge of movements is what you need to make the emotions of trading to settle down inside your mind. We have no control of the direction , perhaps a edge yes but absolutely no guarantee that every trade we make will do what we predict it to do. If you haven't come to peace with this fact then your journey along the pathway to trading success will be halted until such time.

Coming to the end of this blog I'm actually feeling comfortable with the outcomes of the day because I've given my mind permission to accept the losses without being hard on myself. I know I need to work harder on staying concentrated during peak times especially now with market volatility at levels that they are because that's where the most profitable trades come from.

I also have a deep sense of gratitude at being afford the ability to live my dream everyday, something that makes me sleep so much better at night.

No comments :

Post a Comment